Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and I’m not what you’d call a “foodie.”
It’s one of my favorites because it’s a dedicated time for giving thanks to God.
Today, instead of a gardening post, I’d like to simply list a few things I’m thankful for.
- I’m thankful for the safe arrival of our new son
- I’m thankful for good health in my family
- I’m thankful the Lord took Dad home quickly and without a long, lingering death.
- I’m thankful I had a Dad who loved and adopted me as his own.
- I’m thankful for my Mom and for the time we had together this year.
- I’m thankful for a good brother and five good sisters.
- I’m thankful that good men are starting to fight again for Western Civilization rather than turning it over to the savages.
- I’m thankful for the many readers and viewers I have who encourage me with their comments and insights.
- I’m thankful for plenty of work on my plate.
- I’m thankful for the freedom to worship God publically in church without fear.
- I’m thankful we are outside of the US and in a free country.
- I’m thankful for the legality of homeschooling.
- I’m thankful for a loyal and faithful wife.
- I’m thankful for a working vehicle after many months without one.
- I’m thankful for the ability to write well and for a Mom and Dad who took the time to teach me how.
- I’m thankful for the ongoing sale of my books which allows me to keep the bills paid.
- I’m thankful for good friends, including Rick, who hosts this website for free and fixes problems when they arise.
- I’m thankful that evil in high places is coming to light.
- I’m thankful Trump is the president of the USA instead of Crooked Hillary.
- I’m thankful for cooler days and abundant rain.
- I’m thankful for coffee.
- I’m thankful for plenty of writing opportunities.
- I’m thankful for advertisers like Meadow Creature, Easy Digging and BoonJon who sponsor this website.
- I’m thankful for the reach YouTube gives independent creators.
- I’m thankful for Castalia House, my publisher, and my editor Vox Day.
- I’m thankful for my friend Matthew who I can bounce crazy ideas off of without him thinking they’re crazy.
- I’m thankful for a safe neighborhood where my children can play without fear.
- I’m thankful for good in the local Agriculture Department who graciously allow me to stay in the country by signing off on some of my research.
- I’m thankful for a local farmer friend who shares his time and expertise.
- I’m thankful for my pastor and wife who have made us feel at home.
- I’m thankful for a landlord how has allowed us to garden and farm as much as we like.
- I’m thankful that it’s just the internet that is lousy here, not the electric or water. My readers in Puerto Rico and elsewhere are still without power!
- I’m thankful for Jesus Christ who gave His life so we might be reconciled to God. Without Him, nothing else is important.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, friends. I got Rachel a locally raised turkey and there’s rumor we may have some key lime pie as well.
(Man, I may have to expand my list!)
Happy Thanksgiving David and Rachel and all your young’uns (children).
Not to be a copycat but……
1. I am thankful for the safe arrival (birth) of our son (mere hours after the birth of your son) and my wife’s health after a long hard labor.
2. I am also thankful for God and the sacrifice of his son on our behalf.
3—- through many many more…. I could go on and on… lets just say I am blessed and highly favored…. oh and thanks for David the Good and all the hard work he puts into his blog and youtube videos… looking forward to his Q and A videos… neat idea!
Beautiful!! Thanks for the reminder of so many things to be thankful for!!
Thankful for the knowledge, expertise, catchy tunes and laughs you and Mrs. The Good share… Also for the time you defended me when I had a hateful, cursing guy on my Facebook post. Lol Happy Thanksgiving Goods!