It’s that time of year again! Goal time.
Let’s take a look at how I did on last year’s goals, then we’ll set some for this year.
1. Finish writing Garden Heat: A Jack Broccoli Novel
Finished, but not edited. I’ll count that.
2. Turn Compost Everything into a composting course with lots of video and written content.
No. Gave up.
3. Turn Totally Crazy Easy Florida Gardening into a course
Also gave up on this one. No time!
4. Hit 20k subscribers on The Survival Gardening newsletter
No. I gained 4,000, though, bringing me to over 16,000 newsletter subscribers.
5. Finish The Good Guide to Plant Propagation
6. Turn Start Your Own Home-Based Plant Nursery into an audiobook
7. Turn Turned Earth into an audiobook
No – I didn’t manage to pull this one off.
8. Build a house
Yes! Managed to build enough that we moved in just a couple of weeks ago.
9. Start another plant nursery
10: Hit 100k subscribers on YouTube
No. I did break through 76k, though. And I started another channel on Unauthorized.TV.
11: Finish a Top Secret Film with Marjory Wildcraft
Yes! The release was delayed, however, so it should be out this year rather than last.
Goals for 2020
1. Hit 150k Subscribers on YouTube
I think we can do this, since we’ll be on our own land and able to make much better videos. At the very least, we should make last year’s goal of 100k.
2. Plant a Coffee Plantation
I started on my coffee plantation already, planting the first ten trees in 2019. Now I need to plant at least 90 more.
3. Make the Food Forest AWESOME
The food forest has been planted but it really needs more species. This is the year.
4. Grow 1,000lbs of food
I’ve made this goal before, but now we’re on new land with a lot of young trees. It’s doable, but it will take some time. It’s time to start tracking yield again. I need a new blackboard.
5. Finish the Main House
I have a 20 x 35′ slab complete and waiting for a house to be built on top of it. Now sure when we’ll start, but I would like to get it done in 2020.
6. Get Jack Broccoli II in Print
It needs to happen.
7. Launch a New YouTube Series
I want to do a series called “The Ten Minute Gardener,” where we garden ten minutes a day and track our progress over time.
8. Get the Current Buildings Waterproofed and Painted
I have a cabin, an office, a laundry room and a workshop that need to be caulked and painted. Gotta happen!
9. Write Another Gardening Book (or Three)
I have a book I want to co-write with Steve Solomon. I also want to write a book on South Florida gardening, as well as a book on Food Forests. Plus, Tactical Gardening isn’t going to write itself. And I have a novel idea or two… we’ll see what happens.
I think that’s enough for now. What are your goals?